Monday 29 May 2017

Sail Away With Me: NSD 2017 Layout

The final challenge i took part in for National Scrapbook Day was to scraplift our first layout. Thats right, it was time to take a trip back down memory lane and scraplift the first layout we ever scrapped. I both cringe and enjoy looking back at my old layouts as it shows my scrappy journey, how my style has changed as I've learnt new techniques, etc. I originally started scrapping as I wanted to document a recent holiday to Wales where we climbed mount Snowdon for Ian's 30th birthday, but the first layout I scrapped was not of the trip but of my adopted niece Ruby. 
Just look at the shaped photos, admit it you did it too when you started out! This was back in the day of limited stash, a problem i no longer have, so I used some free papers from a Scrapbook magazine and some chipboard alphas I brought from QVC. This was how I scraplifted it. 
I stuck with the same design of having a photo in opposite corners but refrained from shaping them! I used a background paper from Studio Calico Atlantic collection to stick with the nautical theme, and some scraps from my scrap basket. 
I carried on the nautical theme by using a cute sail boat I recently brought from Sizzix, a yacht wood veneer and some anchors cut from another sheet of Atlantic paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment