Sunday 26 February 2017

Happy Place: Sketchy Scrappers Feb Sketch

As I was tidying up my desk before trying to pack for a crafty weekend away next week I realised I hadn't shared I layout I made a couple of weeks ago for Sketchy Scrappers. The February sketch was created by Sue. 
I tend to struggle with sketches that use multiple photos as they either need to be printed smaller, which I never do, or need to photos you can trim down. I looked through my photos and found some of Port Meirion in Wales. We always stop by here when we go away which means I tend to take photos of the same thing each time so cutting them down from 6x4 to approx 3x3 didn't bother me. 
I picked some papers from Shimelle, Heidi Swapp and Jen Hadfield which would pull the bright colours from the buildings. I used some diecuts from Heidi Swapp and Thickers from Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine for my title. 
To recreate the banner on the sketch I used some tags I'd gotten for Christmas and decided to use these for journaling for something a little different. 

1 comment: