Wednesday 6 January 2016

Just B U: Challenge Yourself #25

Happy New Year!!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year. The New Year brings a new Challenge over on the Challenge YOUrself blog, and this month it's a nice easy challenge to ease you into the swing of things gradually. Basically Anything Goes! 

I decided to try something different and had a play with my paints and made this layout 
There's no story or meaning to the layout other than to not worry about what other people think and be yourself! 

I randomly painted some Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry distress paint onton some Heidi Swapp paper and layered a scrap of Studio Calico paper and two cut aparts from Kesi Art on top. During my trip to Milton Keynes with Gemma I brought a pack of wooden Flamingoes from Paperchase and used one of these and the twine from the packaging to embellish. I used American Crafts Thickers for my title but didn't quite have enough letters so had to improvise! 

Make sure you pop over the the Challenge YOUrself blog for the other amazing layouts from the design team, why not join in with the challenge while you're there too! 

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant layout :) Time for another trip I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creative and fun page, Jess! The background paint looks absolutely amazing, and the photo is wonderful. I want to thank you and to let you know how happy that you are on our design team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raspberry pink on the black and white is a fabulous combination. A great sentiment to the page too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout - you are brave doing all that painting. I love the flamingo - how cute x

    ReplyDelete