Friday 13 March 2015

Sketchy Scrappers Catch Up

It's hard to believe that this time last week I was settled,chilling out and scrapping with my friends at Meadow Barn. As Gemma said earlier it feels like a month ago but at the same time the week has flown by! Meadow Barn was full of the same laughs which I cannot and will not share here (what happens at the barn stays at the barn), but needless to say it was just what the doctor ordered for all of us, and lots of tears were shed from the laughing we did as all the stresses from the past couple of months disappeared. 

Scrapping wise I managed 8 layouts which I was pleased with, including catching up with the last two Sketchy Scrappers sketches. Firstly I tackled this sketch set by Karen for February. 
I decided to rotate the sketch onto its side and made this layout
I used papers from Heidi Swapp which I picked up from TK Maxx before we set off on Friday. I then used some bits from a Heidi Swapp emphemera pack and replaced the Santa on the sketch with a camera from an Amy Tangerine cut apart. 
The second sketch I tackled was this months sketch set by Gemma
I loved this sketch and originally thought I'd use a doily for the circle element, but stupidly I left my box with my doilies in at home. I don't know how I coped but I did lol! Anyway this is the layout I made
This photo is from Boo's birthday party during the 30 seconds she kept her party hat on for! While in TK Maxx I also picked up some Maggie Holmes Styleboard papers which I used here along with papers from her Flea Market collection. I also used some project life cards from the Styleboard collection as embellishments. 

6 comments:

  1. I really like that second sketch. It's a nice shelf to put a photo on.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab interpretations of sketches - you should have shouted about the doiley as I had some in my bag (but only small ones for cardmaking so it may not have served the right purpose for you). Love the large camera embellishment on the first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layouts, even without your trademark doilies lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time Jessie x
    Great Lo's x I must crack on & get mine done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happens in the barn stays in the barn - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving these post - MB blog posts because I didn't really do much wandering around to sen what everyone else was doing... :) roll on next year!!

    ReplyDelete