Thursday 24 April 2014

Poetic Platform: Life.Paper.Scrapbook April Sketch

I like a good sketch as a starting point when scrapping and over on Life.Paper.Scrapbooking blogthis month they have a great sketch
I decided to rotate the sketch so the photos would run horizontally and made this layout using photos of the platform at St Pancras Station. 
Running along the platform close to the statue of John Betjamin were plaques with quotes from his poems. I assume they are from Betjamin poems having not read any I'm no expert lol! 

I trimmed the photos to be square but with at least the toes of mine and Jojo's Converse still showing. I mounted these onto a piece of Studio Calico paper I'd had in my stash for ages. It came in a Christmas kit a couple of years ago with one side being snowflakes and the other being this red colour with a snowy village scene on it. I never thought I would use it but thought it was great with these photos as it matches Jojo's shoes. The other papers are Amy Tangerine and Pink Paislee, the background is a B side of a Carta Bella paper. 


I picked up the maroon/red colour again in the title with my Thickers, and raided my die cut box to cluster some cut a parts. 

This is layout 17/30 



3 comments: